Monday, January 7

Low Rider

So, over the weekend, my hubby took my son to the insurance agent and the DMV. Today is his first day back to school from winter break, and he got to drive his car to school! While wearing his Letterman Jacket that he got just in time to wear to school the last day before winter break. He should be having quite a fine day! :D

For those of you who remember, I played women's pro-football last fall. The banquet was this weekend, but I did not go. I got a call afterwards from one of my co-lineman, and she said that she picked up my trophy for me. ?. I won the Most Improved Offensive Lineman award. Sweet! I have never had a trophy for sports or anything athletic at all, so to recieve something like this.. when I'm 30! was pretty cool. (I'm still not going to play again!) The team has changed to a new league that plays in the spring, and their practices start THIS Saterday! Their first game is in 100 days! I wish the Las Vegas Showgirlz much luck, and I will see ya'll at your home games!

I got the 2 HMB squares done on Saterday (they will be sent out today after work) and I finally got to the decreasing side of the organic cotton hooded towel on the diagonal that I am knitting for one of the babies coming at work. I'm hoping to get it done before the baby gets here, but that could be any day! I already have the wash clothes done to go with that baby bath set :)

Oh my did I have a good time at Gail Knits on Saterday! It was the first day of their winter sale, and boy am I glad that I didn't wait!
I bought her last swift!
I also procured:
4 lovely hanks (black, burgandy, deep royal blue and silver) of wool/silk for Val's skull argyle leg warmers
3 hanks of vergiated black/red wool for a scarf for me (I know!!)
2 hanks gold, 2 hanks black cotton/wool for a groovie new scarf that I am going to design for the hubby.. (before next winter)
one skein of blue/purple/light grey toefootsies for Jeni's socks
and
2 hanks of some very interesting yarn that is a combo of like 5ish yarns all run together

I thought this was different yarns all spun together at first, but then one of the fine ladies that was working there showed me a sweater that had been knit from a different color way of the same yarn, it looked pretty cool, so I bought it.. I'm not sure what I am going to make out of it, or for whom it will be... it is pink and gold and greyish, I'm not sure what other colors, and part of it is fuzzy and part is smooth, some is metalic.. it ends up striping..?! I will ball one of the hanks and post pics of it soon.

Well, its Monday, I better get to work :)

Late

3 comments:

Angie said...

Congratulations on your award, that is so awesome! I can't wait to see your new yarn either. Good job at Gail's.

/hugs

Mary Sarah said...

Hey! Man, I'm behind on reading blogs. Congratulations on your award and I'm so jealous of your trip to Gails! I think I'll go this weekend. I'll be at the meeting on the 15th. Hope to see you then!

Mindy said...

Congrats on the award! I loved your new stash. Can't wait to see what you make with it.