Thursday, July 3

Sedona AZ

So, since we were in the car for this trip, we went to the top of the AZ side of the dam to get some pics of the guys coming across.
Photobucket
Photobucket
As we headed out across the desert, we saw this on one side of the car,
Photobucket
and this on the other side.
Photobucket
Guess which way we were headed.. :)
It started to get a little lighter,
Photobucket
but then.. it got darker.
Photobucket
Photobucket
The views were great! (from inside my warm car)
Photobucket
The rain just kept getting heavier and turned to hail.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Then, as we pulled into Jerome, AZ,
Photobucket
The clowds parted and the rain stopped.
Photobucket
This town really has their priorities straight, that's the LYS.
Photobucket
Right above Town Hall!! :)
Photobucket
I've never seen a yarn shop seperated by color.
Photobucket
Here's the Kuigu I got :)
Photobucket
Here's the local BnB. Great burgers :)
Photobucket
Down the hill.
Photobucket
Up the hill.
Photobucket
If you take away the mountains, it kind of reminds me of the small town I'm from.
Photobucket
Miner! :)
Photobucket
On an off roading flat head!!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Of course, I don't know how to flip video..! I'm not sure if its going to work..


Sedona is very pretty, but very touristy! We just passed through on the way to camp.
Photobucket

Our first visitor in camp was Robin :) We also had a visit from very large, noisy ravens, and a skunk, but I didn't stop to take a pic of him!
Photobucket
Picture fun with a hematite skull I bought for the hubby at the yarn shop!
Photobucket
The "bears" came out and messed with tents and scared people!
Photobucket
Mixology with a little flash light flare!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Of course I was knitting.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Pack in.. Pack out!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Don't forget the sun block.

The night before we left I knit a cover for my new Sirius radio :)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Then my camera got jealous and wanted one too.
Photobucket
Photobucket

I spent Monday working on Suzy's b-day present, but I'm doing the design myself, and it is not turning out how I want it to, so here's a pic of the socks I'm working on instead!
Photobucket

Late

2 comments:

SueKnits4Fun said...

OMG!! You did the reverse of my trip about 12 years ago! I LOVE LOVE LOVE Jerome! I stopped in Sedona, climbed redrock and hung out in the countryside for hours. I wasn't riding then, drove a convertible rental and had such a good time! Sounds like and LOOKS like your trip was great fun too!

Angie said...

Great pics! Looking forward to seeing your new WIPs.

/hugs