Saturday, December 29

Did ya miss me?

So, as you can tell by my new layout, I am ready for spring! Anyone else?
I mean, don't get me wrong, knitting with wool is a lot more fun when it is cold, but this is supposed to be the desert! :)
Maybe I would not mind the cold so much if I had kept one of the billion scarves that I've made hahaha!
Perhaps the next one :)

Let's see.. did everyone get their x-mas projects done on time?
I did, but I must admit, my list was not too ambitious. Just a couple pairs of knit socks, and a couple crocheted scarves.
I am currently trying to finish a couple helmet liners for my daughter before she heads back to her Army EOD training. :(
I'm going to miss her!
I am using Patons Classic Wool for both, the crocheted one is dark olive and the knit one will be natural.
I will make her try them on so I can post picks for ya'll :)

I found this charity through a link from somewhere and decided that I should make sure my kid's head is warm and then start sending some in to these great ladies for the rest of the troops.
I am also working on some socks for... me!!
That's right all, I'm going to make something for myself!
I am making Monkey socks out of Collinette Jitterbug in FIRE! Talk about a hot foot.. hahaha I'm funny.
I have a just a few rounds of the lace on the first sock started.

I have been looking over my planed projects for this year.
co-worker's baby due Jan. - bath set
co-woker2's baby due Feb. - bath set
biker sister's b-day Feb. - scarf
Jen's wedding April - blankie and socks
Val (in time for Jen's wedding so I don't have to mail it) April - duvet cover
biker sister's b-day in July - blankie
There will probably be a couple scarves also along the way.. perhaps one even for me.

Other than that, I've decided to make time for some charity work.
These are the ones I'm planing on so far:
Helmet liners for our Troops goal of one per month
Heartmade Blessings goal of one square per month
Project Linus goal of atleast 2 blankies
I'll keep ya'll updated on my progress.

Hmm lets see what else has been going on.
My oldest is home from the Army for a couple weeks, her bf is here with her. He proposed Thursday night at the fountains in front of the Bellagio.. she said yes :D We are all very happy, he is a good guy!

The middle one is living with her mom.

The youngest got his Varsity Letterman Jacket this month!! He also got his DL last month, and he and my Hubby have been working on his '65 Olds trying to get it all tuned up so he can start driving his own car instead of mine all the time.

I'm sure there is more, but that is all I can think of right now.

I'm back...
Late

2 comments:

Angie said...

Great new look! I am so glad you are making yourself something, you deserve it. :)

/hugs

Mindy said...

I love the new look. The flowers are so pretty! I have a pair a Monkey's started too. I'm using Sock Pixie yarn. I haven't gotten very far on them though. I like the charity goals, I should set some too.